"We take natural substances created over millions of years, fashion them into products designed for a few minutes’ use, and then return them to the planet as litter that we’ve engineered to never go away.”
Susan Freinkel is talking about plastic, the substance we have come to rely on more completely than any other synthetic material ever produced. In light of her perspective-altering revelations about our plastic consumption, we at HMH are celebrating Earth Day with a Plastic-free Prize Pack! Enter our sweepstakes for your chance to win a copy of the book and a starter kit for living green, with a tote, food containers, water bottle and more all made from sustainable materials. Plus, it’s all pretty cute, too. Scroll down for a complete listing of prize pack items.
The Sweepstakes ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 25, 2011. One winner will be picked in a random drawing.
While you’re at it, share your plastic story with us—ways in which you are helping to reduce/reuse the plastic in your life, the one plastic item you can’t live without and why, the number of plastic items you touch in an hour, your favorite eco-friendly item, etc. Participation is not required to enter the sweepstakes, and your response may be used for marketing purposes.
View the full terms and conditions here.
The Earth Day Plastic-free Prize Pack includes the following eco-friendly items:
- One copy of Plastic: A Toxic Love Story by Susan Freinkel
- One Plastic Pollution Coalition Reusable Water Bottle
item generously donated by Buy Green
- One June Fifteen Cotton Canvas Reusable Bag
item generously donated by June Fifteen
- One Sanctus Mundo Stainless Steel Oval Bento Lunch Box
- One Sanctus Mundo Stainless Steel Airtight Watertight Food Storage Container
- One Sanctus Mundo Stainless Steel Hot Meal Container
- One Sanctus Mundo Square Airtight Glass Container with Stainless Steel Lid
all items generously donated by Life Without Plastic
Life Without Plastic is committed to educating about the plastics issue, and features an Earth-friendly on-line boutique specializing in the healthiest, high quality, ethically sourced alternatives to plastic for everyday use.
- One ReBinder Professional Recycled Binder
- One RePlay Recycled Cardboard CD Case
- One ReWrite Recycled Notebook
all items generously donated by ReBinder
ReBinder, the maker of recycled binders, cardboard cd sleeves and other zero waste office products