Some of our Netgalley users may have noticed changes in the approval practices for HMH Children’s digital galleys on Netgalley recently, and we would like to share an explanation with you.
It is not unusual for us to receive hundreds of digital galley requests daily, with nearly a thousand requests accumulating for many young adult novels during their few months on Netgalley. With this very high volume of requests coming in, we decided to limit galley downloads to stricter standards closer to the industry norm and to mirror our distribution levels for a print galley. We value our relationships with book bloggers and if you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or would like to make a case to receive a galley after a request has been denied, please contact us at email@example.com. Thanks for all the great support you give to our books!
Our revised Netgalley standards are:
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children’s Book Group
For all HMH imprints including Clarion, Harcourt, Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, Graphia, and Sandpiper, please provide the following information in your profile:
- If you are a reviewer/blogger
- An affiliation within the “company” field
- A link to your dedicated book blog with previous reviews, including the number of followers of the blog with page views
- Your email address, so that we can follow-up,
- Information about your online presence including Goodreads, Twitter and Facebook reach.
- Please include the URL of your blog in the company field of your public profile.
- Blogs must be written in the English language.
- If you are a librarian or educator, the name and address of the library/school where you work.
- If you are a bookseller, the name and address of the bookstore where you work.
- If you are a media professional, the name and address of the company where you work
If your request is approved, you must send us your review within NetGalley with specific information about where the review is posted, including the date published and a link to the review. If you do not post a review, you must tell us why via NetGalley. HMH Children’s Books reserves the right to accept or decline requests on a case-by-case basis.
Please note: HMH Children’s Books will be releasing a limited number of downloads for each title listed in the catalog and all titles will be discontinued on NetGalley one month after publication date.